Pages

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Fashion Month favourites

After 4 very creative weeks Fashion month SS15 is now over! (Sad face!) I applaud all the designers who come up with completely fresh ideas every year and somehow always make it work! 
I view the designs during fashion month as art, months of preparations go into these designs, the colours, the sculpture, how to make it stand out from everyone else.
These are some of my favourite designs/ makeup looks/ hair etc... From all 4 fashion weeks (New York, London, Milan and Paris) 

1. The coloured brows and grungy textured hair with blue streaks. From the Badgely Mischka spring/summer show. 

This look was inspired by The park avenue princess in rebellion and Marie Antoinette in the east village.
    I feel like this look adds a bit more creativity to the look rather than your model wearing a basic makeup look that you wouldn't remember unless the design was amazing. 

2. Bohemian style collection from Etro. (Milan Fashion Week) 


I love this in peticular design from te collection as it is not too over the top as if you would never wear it and no one would ever see it outside Milan fashion week and that would be a shame. But no it's something that you could wear to a festival and be very comfertable in, which I think is important, especially at a festival. 

3. Marc Jacobs hairstyle for their models in New York Fashion week


I love this hairstyle because it's simple yet effective, it's eye catching and impossible to miss, especially if it's on every model.  

4.Fake Percings from Rodarte. 


I love these fake peircings because they are such an unusual yet creative way of drawing attention to your models. 
The collection was going for a "cool-girl-chic aesthetic" and each "peircing" was glued on individually.  I just love them. 

5. And finally, the final walk of Fashion month for Chanel. 
 

Even though this has nothing to do with art I thought it was important to add it in. This final walk was co - insided with the United Nations HeforShe campaign ( if any of you haven't watched Emma Watsons speech I suggest you watch it now http://youtu.be/Q0Dg226G2Z8 ) 


I think it was a brilliant idea to include this in the show to prove that models are not just mannequins with pretty faces that have no personalities, which is what people seem to think. Which is not true they are human beings just like you and me and they believe in equal rights for men and woman just like you and me (hopefully) believe in too. 

- Gem. X



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts